Thursday, 19 June 2014

sticks and stones

Sticks and stones may break your bones but words can never hurt you
 the truth is they hurt a lot.
I can’t even remember when it first began the day I became there victim their target they took away my happiness and now all I dream of is a time in my special place. 
The place where I can be alone where they can’t hurt me anymore
 when my mind and spirit are free there are no barriers or anyone to judge me
 this is where I can forget the pain inside me. 
Here I am free from everything and more importantly everyone.
 I can feel the windblown through my hair it carries the pain away. 
The grass brushes against my hand like a thousand tenderers comforting me. 
Birds are above and around me they are my company 
this is my piece of heaven and no one can take it away from me but of course it is only heaven for a while 
the pain is always just around the corner calling my name 
calling me back.
 I have no friends and no one to talk to and no one to tell.
 I am so lost in my loneliness with no hope of escape
 so I sit here for hours crying tears no-one sees
 talking words that no-one hears.
 No one knows what is really going on
 everyone sleeps peacefully in their beds looking forward to tomorrow 
but not me you see I know I am on the brink. 
I am sorry if I hurt you. 
But it has to be this way 
you see I am going to my heaven
 I am going to be free like the birds 
the windblown through my hair as the sun warms my face
 those sticks and stones won’t hurt me any-more
 I will be happy at last.

No comments:

Post a Comment